There is a new accounting regulation, ASC 606, that will accelerate software companies’ ability to recognize revenue and profitability. In an effort to establish principles that mesh with both Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) introduced this new revenue recognition standard to report “useful information to users of financial statements about the nature, timing, and uncertainty of revenue from contracts with customers.” Continue reading
Digitization is rapidly changing the business landscape. What effect is this having on the middle market in particular? Five experts, including Clearsight Director, Philo Tran, discuss the implications for M&A and private equity in the Q2 Mergermarket Newsletter.
Get the report here – Digital Disruption in the Middle Market
Washington Technology’s 2016 M&A Roll-Up highlights pivotal acquisitions in the region and a Clearsight deal has been listed in the Top 10. Cybersecurity leader Van Dyke Technology’s acquisition by Jacobs was a concrete move to secure and protect the continuously increasing interconnectedness of our infrastructure. This deal signaled the IoT M&A trend to protect and secure our increasingly connected world.
Read the article here
Clearsight Advisors, Inc. (“Clearsight”) is pleased to announce another successful transaction in its market-leading Professional Services Practice. Clearsight served as the exclusive strategic and financial advisor to First Annapolis Consulting, Inc. (“First Annapolis”) in its acquisition by Accenture (NYSE: ACN). This transaction further emphasizes Clearsight’s position as the leader in advising high-end consulting firms. Continue reading
Vista Equity Partners made a stunning announcement regarding its UK-based financial software firm, Misys, on Monday as they boldly doubled down on the space and acquired DH Corporation (TSX:DH). Continue reading
On March 7, 2017, Tech Mahindra Limited (NSEI:TECHM) (“Tech Mahindra”) signed a definitive agreement to acquire CJS Solutions Group, LLC, (aka ”The HCI Group”), a leading healthcare information technology consulting company. The deal values The HCI Group at an enterprise value of $110mm. Tech Mahindra will make an upfront payment of $89.5mm for an 84.7% stake in the company, the remaining 15.3% will be acquired over the next three years. The transaction is expected to close by April 2017, subject to regulatory approvals.
View the Deal Profile – Tech Mahindra Acquires The HCI Group
Clearsight Advisors, Inc. (“Clearsight”) is pleased to announce another successful transaction in its market-leading Professional Services Practice. Clearsight served as the exclusive strategic and financial advisor to Innosight Holdings LLC (“Innosight”) in its announced acquisition by global professional services firm Huron (NASDAQ: HURN). This transaction further emphasizes Clearsight’s position as the leader in advising high-end consulting firms. Continue reading
On February 09, 2017, Deloitte, a global provider of consulting, audit, tax, and financial advisory services, announced it had acquired Red Planet Ventures Limited (“Red Planet”), an innovation strategy and digital consulting firm based in Dublin, Ireland, for an undisclosed amount. Red Planet’s three full time employees will join the Deloitte Digital team, and plan to expand headcount in addition to utilizing the expertise and resources offered by Deloitte Digital. The acquisition builds on Deloitte’s momentum and drive to enhance their digital transformation and innovation capabilities.
Deloitte Acquires Red Planet
As we described in a recent article, the consulting M&A market was highly active in 2016, with diverse buyers pursuing rapidly growing firms with domain expertise in “hot” horizontals and verticals such as Cloud Services, Healthcare, and Digital Transformation. We expect an active consulting M&A market to continue in 2017. For consultancies evaluating a potential sale transaction, here are a few steps you can take before going to market that will make the process more seamless, maximize the number of buyers interested, and ultimately, drive value for you and your shareholders: Continue reading
The IoT sector is rapidly evolving and acquirers recognize M&A is a more efficient growth strategy than building the capability organically. Accenture has been on a digital acquisition spree over the last four years. While a number of other IT and management consulting firms are following Accenture’s path, we expect to see more “unexpected” acquirers announce deals over the next twenty four months.
View the Deal Profile – Accenture Acquires Altitude